Friday, January 14, 2011

Mind Body & Spirit Cruise

I just got back to St. Louis this morning from teaching on the Mind Body & Spirit Cruise to Cozumel and Key West on the Norwegian Sun.  From what I understand, it will become an annual cruise, so check back if you're interested in booking for next year.  The classes will be different, and we will probably have more options.

I taught Russian Spiral

Viking Knit


and also the Beaded Starfish


It was so fun to share experiences with these ladies at such an exciting time in our lives.
I saw some of the Mayan Ruins.  It was awesome.  We did some shopping and I got some great deals on some silver bracelets.  Sorry about the low quality in these next photos.  I'm tired from the drive and I don't feel like finding my camera so I'm using the webcam.


 I got my Mayan astrological sign "Ceh" carved in fish bone by Mayan artisans in Mexico.

 I collect ammonites, so this was an awesome find.

I got the outer two at the ruins and the middle one in Cozumel.  Pandora-style beads fit on the right one, so that's fun.

Mike bought me this cute zebra Pandora-style bead so I think I'm gonna put together a vacation series of Pandora-style beads from this trip.  I have a cute little lampwork dice bead and also a crab which is cool because we saw some awesome sea life in the tide pools at Cozumel.  I saw tons of baby hermit crabs, fish, and snails, as well as a black sea urchin and some other weird creatures.  I also found tons of sea glass on the beach which will be fun to play with.
 Paper Mache Dia de los Muertos Catrina made by Mexican artisans.

 Cute little hand painted Dia de los Muertos ornament.  You can't see the detail, but it's really well-painted.

 Some of the awesome things I found at the beach.  I found a lot of beach glass in all different colors (including purple!), but the middle left piece is the most interesting because it had barnacles on it.

My friend, Sarah, and I got matching henna tattoos in Key West as well!

It was so fun.  I might post more pictures from the trip when I upload them.  I'll be working on my website soon, so look forward to new products and pages.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, the last picture made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe in curses,but you know that it was wrong to steal that rock. What if everyone took a piece of the ruins, there would be nothing left. Short of taking it back,probably unrealistic, the only thing left to do is sincerely apologize to the Universe. The Law of Nature keep things in balance. You give, you receive. You take (steal), something will be taken from you, ALWAYS. It never fails. You may not have noticed what was taken, but it was or will be. When you make an effort to right a wrong, it will be forgiven. I'm not talking religion here, I don't believe in it. Nobody made up the Laws of Nature or the Laws of the Universe like was done in religions, they just are what they are and no one can change them.

    Enjoyed seeing you on Beads, Baubles, and Jewels. Very nice demo and tips.

    ReplyDelete